Choose a Holiday!
Traditional back-to-school photos are a great way to kick off each school year. It may seem like one more thing to do on an already hectic morning, but years later, you’ll appreciate your efforts with first-day-of-school photography.
Digital scrapbooking opens up a wide universe of options for displaying these photos. Create photo pages showcasing this year’s picture only or create a photo timeline with the pictures from all the years your child has been in school. Add a back-to-school photo on a family calendar for the following year or make photo magnets with a special back-to-school picture.
Here are some ideas for memorable first day of school photos:
- Have your child stand next to your front door wearing her back pack.
- Snap a photo as your child gets on the school bus.
- Take a picture of all the kids at the bus stop.
- Pose your child in front of the school’s sign.
- If parents are allowed access to the classroom on the first day, take a picture of your child with his new teacher.
- Take a picture of your student sitting at her new desk.
- Pose your child and a group of his closest friends for a first day photo.
- Ask your child to stand next to a height chart for a yearly photo that will commemorate the new school year and display his growth from year to year.
- Set the timer on your camera and take a picture of the whole family on the first day of school.
- If you have access to a scale with an easy-to-read display, take your child’s picture while he weighs his overstuffed, first-day-of-school backpack.
- Snap a photo as your child gets off the school bus on the first day.
No matter what first-day-of-school pose you choose, digital scrapbooking will help you jazz up your photo. Add captions with your child’s age and year in school to make a unique photo that will be treasured for years.